Week 14 - One Final Week

It is hard to believe that there is only one more week of student teaching. It's weird. Where has the time gone? It's amazing everything that has happened in the last 15 weeks. I don't even know if I could define what student teaching really is at the moment? These are crazy times and this situation was by no means expected. But this experience has given me a lot of opportunities to become more well-rounded as an educator. My teaching toolbox has grown tremendously.

The amount of online resources that I have discovered during this time is amazing. There is so much out there. Maybe that is the best part of this COVID-19 epidemic. People have been putting more resources online and sharing their resources with teachers than ever before. I am not only gaining all of these resources to use now and in the future classroom, but I am also learning along the way too.

The best thing that I have done this last week is to engage in professional development through Zoom. There have been so many Zoom meetings through NAAE, Penn State, and Ag Teachers from across the state. Sharing resources, giving tips on how to reach your students, and even brainstorming how to host a banquet online. I have been meeting teachers through these events and I am not sure if I would have had this opportunity if everything was normal. This has been by far the best thing that has come out of this pandemic.



Penn State made the student teachers create a work plan with alternative assignments. I am have been working my way through these assignments and have gained a lot of useful skills. I have been completing courses and webinars through Penn State Extension and Project Learning Tree. For this last week, I think I am going to focus more on participating in these Zoom Meetings and Professional Development Events. I am learning so much from these teachers and gaining so many resources. The coolest part is being apart of this community and having the opportunity to share your own resources too.

This final week is going to be exciting with finishing all of the student teaching assignments, professional development events, and job interviews. Let's finish strong!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Biology Class Observation

Problem Solving Approach Reflection

Week 1 - Remain Calm and Teach On