And So It Begins!

We Are.. Finally Here! Our student teaching internship experience has finally begun at Farm Show. This week has been a great learning experience. Getting to know students and overall seeing how to be an Ag Teacher on a trip with other chaperones. It's really cool being introduced as "the student teacher" and having a specific role/responsibilities. Definitely different from previous experiences but a good different! This experience has made me even more excited for the semester.



I am enjoying getting to know the students the most. Just interacting with the students has been overall great. As I have been talking to all of the students, it is cool that they are all in different classes. Essentially, I will know a few kids in every class. That is an awesome starting place and will definitely help in the beginning. I'm just struggling to learn student's names!



As I prepare to head into the classroom on Monday, I can't wait to see the opportunities that will begin to develop over the semester. With Dr. Foster as my University Supervisor, great things will happen this semester. After meeting these kids and already doing so much with them, I only have one concern this semester. I am still nervous about the content knowledge and being "prepared" enough for classes. I know that I can rely on Ms. Metrick for resources and experience to make this the best opportunity possible!


Comments

  1. Hi Brandon! I am really glad that you had such a great time at the Farm Show and are starting off on the right foot! Getting to know the students is still my favorite part and names get easier - just make a point to use them frequently (for two reasons - 1. It helps you remember better, 2. People like to hear their name!). As far as content knowledge, there are still things I get nervous about. Don't worry. I find that I am actually a better teacher with stuff I am less knowledgeable about because I have to learn it first (and normally near the time I am teaching it). It impossible for us to be experts in everything we teach because what we teach is so broad. And it is true what they say, you don't REALLY know it until you TEACH IT. Good luck and there are always people here when you need them, just ask!

    Karlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember - the key is communication.

    need help? ask!

    To get the best help - extend your planning horizon so folks have time to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon, so glad that you enjoyed your time at Farm Show and are working hard to build rapport with your students! You have a plethora of resources and resource people at your disposal to help you make sure that you are delivering your content in the best possible manner. Don't be afraid to rely on your mentoring team-they are experts and happy to help!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Biology Class Observation

Problem Solving Approach Reflection

Week 1 - Remain Calm and Teach On