Week 6 - Stronger Together

Another week in the books! I can't believe how fast this process is going. There are just so many great different things going on. Some of the coolest parts are seeing the student's passion for supporting the program. We have a former student who graduated last year and she is battling leukemia. To support her we have been selling these shirts as a fundraiser and I am still just blown away by the support! We sold over 250 of these shirts! The plan is to have everyone wear them on Wednesday during National FFA Week. I can't wait to see the sea of orange throughout the school next week.



Thinking about those words, "Stronger Together" has got me thinking. This student teaching process isn't possible without leaning on those closes to you and going towards your mentors for guidance. Taking advantage of these resources makes you stronger. Not only as a teacher but just simply as a person. I have a tremendous team around me consisting of my cohort members, friends, the university, my cooperating teacher Ms. Metrick, and my amazing virtual mentor team. Without my amazing team, student teaching would be so much harder. I appreciate all of them because this part of the semester is proving to be challenging.

If you know me, I am by no means an expert in anything Ag Mechanics. I am trying to push myself to learn more and get more comfortable. This week I started my ARC Welding unit with my Ag 1 class. Was that ever a challenge. My knowledge of welding is not high and it is tripping me up. But I am determined to teach this to the best of my ability. I am a firm believer that, just because I am not strong in a content area doesn't mean I should deprive any students of the opportunity to learn it. This week was a little rough but next week I am on a mission to improve and do the best I can do! And most importantly laugh with students when I try demonstrations! Growth Mindsets for students and teachers is where the best learning takes place! What's some advice for teaching content areas that you are less comfortable in? 

Next week we start our greenhouse unit and I am super excited to get rolling on some really cool projects and labs! Most of the week next week, we will continue cleaning up the greenhouse and getting organized for when we begin to plant our seeds for the spring plant sale.


Next week is National FFA Week. I can't wait to see the school spirit throughout the week supporting the FFA!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Biology Class Observation

Problem Solving Approach Reflection

Week 1 - Remain Calm and Teach On