NAAE National Convention Reflection

This past week at NAAE National Convention has been an incredible experience. I am so thankful to Penn State For this entire experience. I have had the opportunity to meet some of the nation's best agricultural educators from across the country. These are leaders who were once in my shoes and have done a phenomenal job at building their local programs. I had the chance to interact with current Class of 2020 Ag Ed students from a number of universities. It was really cool to talk to those students from other universities and hear about the struggles that they are having. We actually have the same challenges and were able to give each other advice on how to best work through those problems.



It was also great to work with Ag Ed members from Pennsylvania. California is quite the journey from PA. But seeing their commitment, dedication, and attendance to this conference reminded me of the value. It was great to interact with them and learn some of their skills that they use! The number of recourses that NAAE had available for preservice teachers was shocking! Free textbooks, lesson plans, and professional contacts out the wazoo. Thank you Penn State for this opportunity!

This trip helped me to confirm my why. The why question, "Why do I want to be a teacher?" There is so much that goes into this major and it can be hard sometimes. But through your connections, resources, and support, it's not that bad. This conference has challenged me and I want to be one of those teachers that are walking across that stage and being proud to share about my program. Thanks to the individuals below, I have fully found that spark and passion!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Biology Class Observation

Problem Solving Approach Reflection

Week 1 - Remain Calm and Teach On