Surprise Lab

Lab this week was an awesome learning excessive. We had to write a substitute lesson plan off a specific learning standard that we were given. I chose a food science standard since I will be teaching a food science unit during my student teaching experience. I wrote a 45-minute lesson on Egg Grading and Candling Eggs.


This was a more challenging lesson for me to write since I do not have experience in this area. Since I have no experience, I was learning along the way as I wrote the lesson. This definitely pushed me in a new way. This taught me different strategies on looking for additional sources for content.

Once it became time to teach, we switched lessons with someone in class. This is a super fun and an important experience. We were given 10 minutes to review the lesson plan and had to teach it. I really struggled with this task because there was not enough detail in the lesson. Due to the lack of detail in the lesson, it made it hard to teach the lesson on a topic that I was not familiar with. If the lesson plan would have been written differently and given more details, step by step instructions would have helped. A great activity to not only to teach an unfamiliar lesson but learn how to write a lesson for a sub.

Comments

  1. Brandon, I think it is awesome how you were able to learn about a topic when writing your lesson plan. I know for me, I have quite a few classes that I don't have much background in. In creating lesson plans for substitutes, I like your idea for writing the steps down. Like we mentioned in class today, there is a fine line between too much detail and instruction and not enough. It all boils down to personal preference. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Biology Class Observation

Problem Solving Approach Reflection

Week 1 - Remain Calm and Teach On