Cooperating Center Goals

Traveling across the state and even to Virginia, I have had the opportunity to see a lot of different schools with different programs. Through all of these experiences, I have learned that there is not one perfect school. However, it's cool to see new ideas and different ways programs run. You can begin to pick and choose different ideas that you would want in your future program! There's a lot of different things that I believe are important when looking for the right cooperating center. Types of classes are extremely important. I want to teach classes that I am comfortable in but also get new experience. I am not comfortable in the shop. Any Ag Mechanic classes I am not comfortable in due to my lack of experience and knowledge. One more class I am not comfortable in is animal science. I have experience with wildlife species but not animal science. My wheelhouse is definitely wildlife, forestry, and natural resources. Something I would really enjoy doing is teaching students about forestry and tree identification because I find it not only fun but extremely useful.
  

I think the most important and key parts to a successful cooperating center is having a good relationship with the cooperating teacher. Having that key relationship is key to having a successful teaching experience. Going into having a good relationship with the cooperating teacher can then transition into a successful interaction with the FFA Chapter. I really want to see a strong cooperating center with a strong FFA Chapter. Since I was not involved with the FFA in high school, it is really important to me to be able to see a strong chapter. This is my goal in finding the right fit in a cooperating center. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Biology Class Observation

Problem Solving Approach Reflection

Week 1 - Remain Calm and Teach On